Save-A-Lot Grocery Announces Opening | Southwest Tulsa Chamber

Westsiders have anxiously awaited the arrival of a new grocery store in the Crystal City Shopping Center and now that time has finally come. Save A Lot Grocery has set the official date for their Grand Opening for Wednesday, November 11th, with a ribbon cutting ceremony scheduled for 10 a.m. that day, next door to our Chamber office!

This Save A Lot will be a bit different than others in the Tulsa area in that its store manager is also its owner. Jared O’Malley and his group, Honor Capital, LLC, comprise a group of veterans who feel it is their responsibility, duty, and honor to give back to the community by placing stores where they are needed most. Jared is a Navy veteran himself. When the group first looked at Crystal City as a possible site for a new store, their national lender could not envision how Crystal City would turn around, or even flourish, and would not loan enough funds, so they went to Rose Washington at the Tulsa Economic Development Corporation, who saw the area’s need and was able to provide the remainder of the funding they needed.

The store will have fresh meat daily and three grocery shipments a week. They have their own private line of grocery items, of which 75% of their stock will consist and the other 25% will be nationally known labels. They will also carry some Made In Oklahoma items and local produce. Save A Lot has their own distribution centers and their buying power is second only to Walmart, which amounts to a 40% overall grocery bill savings on average.